If you have an ecommerce website and you want to be within the first few results on a google search, chances are you’ll be looking for an SEO company to do the leg work for you. Take it from us, search engine optimisation for any type of website can be challenging and time consuming, but it is definitely something you can do yourself, for free.
Take a look at just a handful of our useful tips in our SEO guide to see how you can optimize your eCommerce website without parting with a stack of cash every month…
- Include keywords in the title. For example, if you are a flower arranging service in Cardiff your title should include the key words ‘Flower Arranging Cardiff’ e.g The Busy Lizi Boutique – Flower Arranging Cardiff
- The primary keyword has to be highlighted in the content. Make it stand out, make it bold.
- Make sure not to use excessive links in the content.
- Place the primary keyword in the footer links of every page.
- Don’t fall in to the trap of over-using your keyword in the site content. The keyword density of your content should not exceed 2% otherwise it will be considered as SPAM by search engines and you will plummet in rankings.
- Write press releases about your products or website and submit them to press release sites. This will result in immediate display of your press release on Google and Yahoo and broadcasted on social media sites like Digg, Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and many RSS sites as well.
- Write articles on your products and submit them to article directories. These are also broadcasted on RSS and social networking sites.
- Get external links by submitting your site to free directories. Most of the directories will give you immediate approval.
For the next couple of tips you may need to speak to a web developer, feel free to give us a call, we’d be happy to help.
- You should use the main keyword as a HTML file name and folder name. You can also use the keyword in the URL.
- It is important to ensure the easy navigation of your site. Ask an ecommerce website builder to build a HTML sitemap for your website. It is also important to build XML Sitemap as well as submit the sitemap to search engines.
- Are you going to promote a software product? If so, you will have to build a PAD XML which you need to submit to download directories. You need to receive immediate affiliates so that you can promote your products as well as increase external links and download rates.
These tips will help your site shimmy its way up the Google search results, granted you may need help from a web developer to change things on the back end of your site but this will cost far less in the long run than employing a specialist to do these straightforward things for you. We hope this helps, Happy climbing.