Abandoned cart emails are sent to customers who have added products to their cart but failed to check out. These are sent 2 days (or so) after they left the items in their cart to entice them back and to complete the purchase.
Having recently implemented the Mailchimp/Ebizmarts & Mandril extensions for Heinnie Haynes, we know first hand how successful the abandoned cart email campaigns are. Over a period of 30 days here are their stats;
During that 30 day period, the abandoned cart conversion rate was 0.9% just by pinging the users a reminder email. What we plan to do now, is add a discount into these emails which will boost the conversion rate even further as it gives users more of an incentive to buy.
To speed up our client’s conversions and reduce user inactivity we can incentivise users with abandoned cart retention emails, using Mailchimp and a few extensions designed specifically to keep them spending.
Modules and Extensions
The following module can been installed into Magento in order to integrate it with the clients Mailchimp account, this will allow us/you to utilise these key features to facilitate the consumer cycle :
Ebizmarts and Mandrill
● Send high volumes of transactional emails using Mandrill (free up to 12K emails/month)
● Autoresponder emails including customer birthday, related products, product review, no customer activity, after wishlist update, visited product email after x days
●Abandoned Carts Recovery emails
● Supports multiple MailChimp email lists
● Supports multiple interest groups Targeted mailers based on subscriber preference
● Allows sending additional Customer data to MailChimp as Merge fields
● Keep subscriptions in sync in both, Magento and MailChimp. For example, unsubscribe the user from Magento’s email list when they unsubscribe on Mailchimp’s site.
● Double optin support
● Allows to force subscription on Checkout
● Support for batch sync of subscribers from Magento to MailChimp and vice versa eCommerce 360
● eCommerce 360 makes it possible to track individual visitors to the website from MailChimp campaigns, capture order information, and pass it all it back to MailChimp. From there, purchase details, conversions, and total sales are recorded on the Reports page in Mailchimp.
● See and compare orders from previous email campaigns in the MailChimp dashboard. See revenue and traffic from other traffic sources including Google, Amazon, Facebook, Pinterest, and more. See who is in your store now, what products they are picking up, and putting in their shopping cart allowing you to create targeted incentives to drive the purchase cycle.
If you would like to get your customers back after they’ve left your site with a cart full of goods, abandoned cart emails are the way to go.